HOME > Wintriss Automation Controls > SmartPAC 2
SmartPAC 2 - Press Automation Controller
SmartPAC 2: It's got connections...
Control and monitor your press. View the status from anywhere in the world.
Wintriss Controls has raised the bar once again with the introduction of the SmartPAC 2 Press Automation Controller.
The SmartPAC 2 features a large color screen, advanced communications, superior graphics and numerous performance
Here are some of the powerful new capabilities that make the SmartPAC 2 the most exciting control product since... well...
the original SmartPAC:
- Large color display: 10.4" diagonal—more than three times the area of the original SmartPAC!
- Alpha-numeric 20-digit tool numbers
- Summary screens for sensors and cams. See DiProPAC and
ProCamPAC below for details
- Global cams. See ProCamPAC below for details
- Messaging send messages to email and text-enabled
- Built-in backup and restore capability. You can save a copy
of SmartPAC 2's setup memory and initialization setting on your network, and restore it to the SmartPAC 2 when needed.
- Easier Firmware Upgrades - No chips to change when you add new features. SmartPAC 2 firmware can be
upgraded through the built-in USB port.
- SmartView press status from anywhere in the world
- Hot Keys easier navigation—popular screens just one or two
- Help Key just press the "Help" key for any screen
- Enhanced Error/Event Log time stamped detailed information for
200 most recent errors/events
- Enhanced Diagnostics status of inputs, resolver and more
- Easy to upgrade from SmartPAC 1! The SmartPAC 2 is only 1" taller, all other dimensions remain the same.
For panel mounts, if there is 1" extra space at the bottom of your current installation, you only have to drill 3
new holes at the bottom - no need to enlarge the cutout! All of your existing optional PAC modules, resolver,
DSI, cam outputs, and SFI connections go directly into SmartPAC 2! In addition, all of your existing tool number setups can be
transferred to the SmartPAC 2; ask your Wintriss Rep to help.
- The Info Center option allows SmartPAC 2 to display setup sheets,
drawings, photographs, and other information right at the press.
- ProPAC 8, 16, or 32 sensor in-die dimension measurement, process
monitoring, and die protection module.
- DiProPAC 8, 16, or 32 sensor die protection module prevents costly
downtime, damage and die repairs by providing timely feedback, control and advance warning of potential problems.
- ProCamPAC 8 or 16 channel programmable cam (limit switch) module
- AutoSetPAC 2 or 4 point load analyzers monitor press tonnage
and load conditions
- WaveFormPAC displays, monitors and stores tonnage waveform
profiles for each tool.
- WPC 2000 Solid-State Clutch/Brake Control tracks press
stopping performance and response time.
NEW! Option 2 Expansion Module provides additional
capabilities to the SmartPAC 2 / WPC 2000 integration.
SmartPAC 2 Features
- Saves settings for 200 tools
- Control reliable Brake Monitor
- Powerful counting capabilities, including stroke, parts, batch presets and total hits-on-a-tool
- Password security allows you to protect your settings -- individual settings or all settings
- Scratchpad stores various items by tool number, such as the kind of material used, die location in the press, press speed, etc.